|Salary Range [based on year of experience]||RM2,083.00 - RM9,549.00|
|Annual Salary Increment Rate||RM225.00|
|Fixed Entertainment Allowance||RM300.00|
|Fixed House Allowance||RM300.00|
|Cost of Living Allowance||RM300.00|
- Assisting Head of Division in conducting an economic research and market assessment in the area of industrial economics specifically in the Competition Economics.
- Responsible for collecting and analyzing economic data for research activities, mergers and acquisition and cases under investigation by the Commission.
- Prepare advisory note to government agencies and private sectors on issues relating to Competition Economics while closely monitor any changes in policies within sectors under study.
- Writing reports and updates on sectoral economics especially in the competition issues while keeping up-to-date on the structural changes of the sectors relevant to the function of the Commission
- Supporting the Head of Division in conducting market reviews in the selected sectors
- on behalf of the Commission.
- Working alongside teams in handling and assessing the application of individual and
- block exemption under Competition Act 2010.
- Advising the Chief Executive Officer through the Head of Division on issues pertaining to competition economics.
- To carry out calculation on the financial penalty for infringement cases under Competition Act 2010.
- Any other duties in relation to Competition Economics relevant to the functions and power of the Commission.
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics from university recognized by Malaysian government or any equivalent.
- Preferable up to 3 years of experience in a related field;
- Strong interest in microeconomics and/or competition and regulation economics;
- Strong analytical and writing skills;
- Excellent command of written and spoken English;
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to explain complex economics concepts to a non-technical audience;
- Independent, self-motivated and possesses great leadership skills;
- Strong interpersonal skills;
- Very good quantitative analytical skills with knowledge in Econometrics as well as statistical software programs such as E-Views/STATA.
In addition to the above requirements, the following values are highly desirable;
- Committed to organizational goals and objectives;
- Has the ability to work under pressure; and
- Most importantly, he/she must show having the right attitude and strong integrity, upholds teamwork principle, willing to learn and listen, highly resilient and professional.
Closing Date of Application:
For further details, interested candidates may apply through the MyCC website at www.mycc.gov.my.
* Due to large number of applications, we regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified. If you do not receive any reply within 3 months, your application has not been shortlisted.